There is a question that arises in the minds of a recruiter during hiring. The most important question that needs an answer is whether the candidate is the right fit for the organization. The candidate has to be not just skilled and experienced but also a cultural fit for the organization as the jobs are getting more specialized. Apart from reference checks, the recruiter has to focus on background screening as well. learn more about the character of the candidate by assessing their criminal records, education and work history.
Jobs that require a driving license, for example, truck drivers, sales personnel, delivery drivers, courier or messenger assistants need an additional step of verifying their driving license as per experts at www.dmv.org. Their past driving records can show their expertise in the skill and also make sure they are not frequent offenders leaving your organization in jeopardy. The expansion activities in the cities are making the roads congested and reaching the destination on time has become an ordeal. Checking the driving license can help prevent any risks to the organization. The need of the hour is simple, reliable, honest and ethical employees who can take the organization forward without causing any hurdles in the development process.
What does a driving license tell you?
From the driving license, you can tell whether the individual is
· Responsible: Drunken driving penalties can give you a warning that the driver is not reliable.
· Accident records: Reckless drivers have high accident record, and they are not safe for transporting goods or passengers.
· Suspended license: If you find the license suspending for a particular reason, you can be sure to strike their name off the recruitment list
· Good driving record: If the candidate has a clean driving record and can fulfil the requirements of the organization is the ideal choice.
· Poor driving record: This could mean that the individual is unfit for the job. Multiple speeding tickets, records of reckless driving and lack of concentration are cautions to remove them from the hiring list.
A job requiring driving qualification makes it mandatory for screening and testing of the driving skills of the candidate. Jobs like a salesperson that go out on client visits need extra precaution while making a choice. Imagine a salesperson taking a client out for a site visit or business lunch and injures them in an accident; this could mean a loss to the reputation and revenue for the company. A reckless driver is not just a bad driver but could also be careless in maintaining the vehicle. It is the responsibility of the driver to maintain the car in great condition as it set an impression on the clients. A careless driver will not have interest in cleaning and maintaining the car in great shape, thereby leading to frequent repairs and accidents.
The driving records of the driver are a valuable document about recruitment process. It explains a lot about the attributes and personality of the driver. It also warns the employer on the behavior of the candidate.